Jul 13, 2011

Not me!

Lately I've been thinking about the mother I want to become to Kaylin and the twinsies. Of course it includes such qualities that are consistent in any excellent woman: trustworthy, hard-working, selfless, creative, caring, and so on. But while I'm in still in mommy-training, I can definately define the kind of mother that I'm NOT.

1. I am NOT the kind of mother who lays down and takes a 15 minute nap on the floor of my child's room while she plays around me.

2. I am definately NOT the kind of mother who removes a hard piece of poop from an otherwise dry diaper and puts said diaper back on the baby.

3. I am NOT the kind of mother that puts my child in her highchair to fill up on puffs, yogurt melts, and teething biscuits in order that I have time to wash a few (or several) dirty dishes.

4. I am NOT the kind of mother that giggles behind the vacuum cleaner while my child cowers in fear.

5. I am NOT the kind of mother who stays in bed while my baby cries because I just don't like being awake before 7am.

I know I'm not a perfect mother, but I'm definately not as bad as all that. But when I do fail, Kaylie gets back at me with her "kisses".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a picture!

You are definitely not a mother who enjoys her baby's sweet kisses!

Gigi :)

Laura said...

And I am definitely not the kind of mom that allows her son to eat only blueberries for dinner because she just couldn't muster the motivation for the battle.
Confession is good for the soul. =)